Ok, I’m deviating from my typical path for a second… I’d like you to stop what you’re doing, get in the car and go to the store for some pure coconut water. (Or get on Amazon and order a case of Taste Nirvana Coconut water because it is most definitely my favorite.) Yes, that’s right. I’m at least seven years behind this “trend” if that’s what you want to call it, and I’m so embarrassed, but here we are!
Found in the center of a young coconut, coconut water nourishes the fruit while it’s maturing. Coconut water is insane. Aside from the sweet and refreshing taste, it packs incredible benefits, some of which I have included here.
- Coconut water is PACKED with nutrients! Even the kind you would assume would only be in leafy greens like magnesium and fiber. Carbs, fiber, protein, Vitamin C and potassium are just a few.
- Hydration is it’s #1 super-power, if it truly is 100% coconut water. Some brands try to sneak in flavor enhancers and that’s just a big no-no on so many levels (one of the main reasons why I love Taste Nirvana so much. Ingredients include: coconut water. Period.) Some people have dubbed it ‘nature’s sports drink’, as it’s packed with electrolytes that help us to refuel after an intense sweat-session.
- Antioxidants Galore. Coconut water is said to contain antioxidants that protect your cells against free radicals and ultimately help tame oxidative stress, which can lead to cancer. From someone who’s father has devoted his entire life to treating those battling this terrible disease, antioxidants are SO important. Get them from coconut water, it is just the yummiest source!
- The Perfect Weight Loss Drink. Coconut water is almost entirely water and it contains 60 calories per 9.5 fl. oz. serving, making it an incredible alternative to sugar beverages (or an a killer mixer option for my fellow vodka drinkers out there). Opt for a serving of coconut water when you’re battling a sweet craving, it will hydrate, nourish, and curb that craving in a matter of sips.
- Beauty is Delicious. Coconut also contains cytokinin, which is a common anti-ageing agent to help prevent wrinkles naturally. In addition it hydrates your skin and contributes to that glowing look we all want so dearly.
Drink up, or add to smoothies and juices for an array of added benefits. Taste Nirvana is a my favorite!!